Saturday, March 15, 2014

Child support

Q:  If a child leaves his custodial parent's home and moves into the non custodial parents home, Does the custodial parent (Who has sole custody) be required to pay the non custodial parent child support? The child is 19 and attends college.

A:  David's Answer:  First, if the "child" is 19yo then it's no longer an issue of who is & who is not "the custodial parent." The only issue is where the child lives - if s/he lives 51%+ with the father, the mother pays child support. If the child lives 51%+ with the mother, the father pays child support. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment