Saturday, March 8, 2014

How do I get jurisdiction reversed from Florida to new York, because I have always been the custodial parent here in new york.??

Q:  My son went to see his father on a visit to florida and he refused to bring him back to me, I was 6 months pregnant and I had to go get him. He decided to file in Florida 6 months after I had him back as the custodial parent in new york. He lied to the Florida court so that the law of uniform child custody and jurisdiction act can line up with his time frame. I have all types of evidence but new York court gave Florida jurisdiction and sent them record of me being the custodial parent with child support here. This is an on going thing and nothing is permanent but the fine print is that I am the mother who our child has always lived with. I believe it will all work out for the better. I just have to get my story heard everywhere. I will not stop or rest until my lil funny guy is back home

A:  David's Answer:  If you say New York already ceded jurisdiction to Florida, then your only remedy would be to appeal that order. You would have up to 30 days (or 35 if mailed) from the date of notice of entry of the order to file your notice of appeal. Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment