Saturday, March 15, 2014

Visitations after adoption

Q:  My son was adopted a few years ago and the adoptive mother stopped visitations. What can be done to start the visitations again?

A:  David's Answer:  Unless you had an "open adoption," you will have lost all your rights to request a court order of visitation. An open adoption would make clear in the adoption order what visitation rights you have. If this wasn't the case, then you cannot insist on visitation at this point. For a full assessment, bring a copy of the adoption order into a Family Law attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment