Monday, March 24, 2014

Orders of protection

Q:  Can I file for restraining orders in ny against a friend of my ex in the name of my daughter. The persons I am seeking to place orders against are a boyfriend girlfriend couple where the boyfriend is in a motorcycle club known to be violent and my ex did put a threat against my life as well as I have been informed that he is a sex offender

A:  David's Answer:  In Family Court, you wouldn't be able to file for an order of protection against a friend of your ex. You may, however, be able to file for an OP against your ex and/or a petition to restrict his visitation. Speak to a Family Law attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment