Saturday, March 29, 2014

Can I at 17 years old move out of my fathers house?

Q:  I would like to know if i can move out at 17 . I'm having trouble at home

A:  David's Answer:  Generally you must do so only with your parent's consent, as otherwise your parents could file a "person in need of supervision" petition against you in Family Court. That said, the age of emancipation in NY for custody purposes is 18, not 21.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment