Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Past CPS case and pregnant. Will I be able to keep my new baby?

Q:  I had a CPS case that went on and on for 2 years in AZ. I was over my head in services and didn't know what to do. they eventually accused me of abusing my child on an unsupervised visit (which did NOT happen) and I ended up losing custody. I'm now pregnant in NY and am wondering if CPS is going to come after my new baby.


A:  David's Answer:  The hospital would not necessarily check your child protective history, especially from other states. As such, unless AZ authorities alert NY authorities, you shouldn't run into a problem - unless of course you abuse or neglect your newborn (hopefully not).  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment