Saturday, March 15, 2014

I was married and gave my ex wife kid my last name. how can i remove my self as birth father

Q:  i was married and in that time she became pregnant by another man. She did confess that the child was not mine being that she abandoned my daughter and i. . So the boy was born and we got back together and i gave the boy my last name im on his birth certificate as his father now since i don,t see him never spent time and now the state of ny is asking for child support,how can i remove myself from the birth certificate? Also biological father has entered into the boy's life

A:  David's Answer:  In my opinion, your only avenue at this point would be to file a petition in Family Court to vacate the acknowledgement of paternity. You'll likely need to serve the putative father - and even then be prepared to additionally overcome the "presumption of legitimacy." Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment