Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Can I be held in contempt of court for breaking a court order if cps said not to send my child there

Q:  My child told Cepep that his grandmother has been sexually abusing him and has told his councler that his grandma has threatened to slice his throat. Cps,preventive worker and the detective have said do not send him there and now grandma has filed violation of a court order. And the reason I have not filed a motion with tha court cuz cps said we had to wait till investigation was over with and last week the cps worker told me she was be indacated on inadequate gardianship so when I go to court for the order to show cause will I get in trouble. The preventive worker and the detective will be at court with me

A:  David's Answer:  You should file a cross-motion for modification of the order. The issue ultimately will be whether you willfully violated the order - and from the facts you've presented this seems unlikely. Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment