Wednesday, February 26, 2014

How do I acquire my birth certificate if I have a different name than that on the certificate?

Q:  my social and drivers license both have the only name I have gone by all my life. recently I am trying to get a license to drive in NYS and they need a birth cert. I just found out that I was born from a woman under a different name. my mom passed away in '06 and my father is not around my life. I supposedly was born at Elmhurst general hospital in aug. of 1980. if you can help me I will pay anything. I just want my drivers license back.

A:  David's Answer:  If you got your name officially changed, then bring them the change-of-name order from the court. If you did not get your name officially changed, then you'll need to: David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment