Monday, March 24, 2014

Is it possible once me and my fiance get married to change my sons last name to his ?

Q:  My fiance and i are soon to be married weve raised a 5 year old who my fiance isnt the biological father . Since we are getting married we want to add his last name to my sons name would it be possible ? My childs biological father never signed the birth certificate , he never has been and doesnt desire any rights to my child i was told he was deported to his country a couple months back ? I never was married or anything with my sons biological father i was 16 when i got pregnant and he was 21 he has a warrant out for his arrest . Would it be possible to change my sons last name once married to my fiance ?

A:  David's Answer:  You'd still need to commence a change-of-name proceeding. Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment