Saturday, March 8, 2014

My 17 year old daughter left home and managed to change school districts under the NYS Homeless McKinney-Vento Act.

Q:   To make a long story short my ex-husband and I have had many behavioral troubles with our 17 year old daughter. We have had 2 psychiatric admissions for suicidal ideation with self mutilation. Continuing to support and work with her with a psychiatric team actively involved. However she walked out of a psychiatric appointment on 12/02/13. She has been able to walk out on her home district. ( Where her father and I reside) Move in with a family and evidentally is involved sexually with their 20 year old son. Somehow she has been able to enroll in another school district under the NYS Homeless McKinney-Vento Act.
As of this current time the only district to tell us anything has been the school district that refused her request of the above mentioned Homeless.

A:  David's Answer:  Your remedy may be to file a person in need of supervision (PINS) petition against your daughter. Schedule a consult with a Family law attorney in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment