Saturday, March 29, 2014

If I didn't follow through with visits can they be terminated

Q:  Mother does not want her children around my girlfriend so I stopped getting my boys until the court lifts it's temporarily order she not be around them during the fathers visit.there's no leagel reason to keep her away,she has full placement of her own two children. How can I get this lifted,and can I legally stop my visits until the order is changed?

A:  David's Answer:  You should not stop visiting your children, as that may be detrimental to your relationship with them & affect the ultimate disposition in your case. If there's a temporary order in place restricting you from having the children in the presence of your girlfriend, then generally you may either appeal or go to a hearing on the issue. At the least, you should have an attorney representing you. Speak to a Family Law attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment