Saturday, May 24, 2014

Will ACS take my baby boy even if the case has nothing to do with me?

Q:  My sister is 15 soon to be 16, I'm 21 and have a 10 month old baby. My sister doesn't go to school only when she wants to, were in and out of court every month for her due to a PINS case, we were working with a MST Psych for 8 months but that case is now closed. My sister school contacted my mom to ask why she isn't assisting school, last thing they said was they will contact acs. Now I'm scared they will come and take my baby too if anything.. help what will happen in a case like this? Can my son be taken away from me also?


A:  David's Answer:  It seems extremely unlikely CPS would file a case against you - and even less likely your child would be taken away. Your mother, if anyone, would be the one potentially charged with educational neglect. It seems like you may wish to advise your mother to schedule a Superintendent's meeting or otherwise a meeting with school officials to determine what they're recommending she do. Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment