Saturday, May 24, 2014

Visitation and custody agreement

Q:  we are grandparents with visitation rights our Ex son Inlaw has joint custody our daughter has gone on the run with the kids and her new boyfriend we found out the kids are not in school they haven't been going to school the ex husband goes to court keeps fighting them to do something about it they keep telling him theres nothing they could do that he would have to go to Ohio and file a claim Ohio tells him thay don't have jurisdiction New York Does can he file kidnapping charges or missing persons report
my name is Julio Vega can you please help or point me in the right direction.

A:  David's Answer:  You'd need to clarify who has the actual case in disputing the mother relocating to Ohio, you or your ex son-in-law. When you say you have "visitation rights," do you already have a court order of visitation? If yes, then it appears the relocation would've violated the order. If no, then the question is for how long your daughter's been in Ohio? If it's been more than 6 months, then Ohio is where you'll need to file for custody and/or visitation. Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment