Saturday, May 24, 2014

Is it concidered harrasment for a school official to make a false hotline call to cps for educational neglect?

Q:  After a very sudden and debilitating onset of social anxiety and panic attacks I have decided to homeschool my son. I had done everything in including doctor appointments, councler apointments, constant calls to the school in attempt to gain any type of help. My once acheiving child began slipping behind because the school did zero for me. I couldnt even get them to collect or except missed work. This all happened over the course of one month and when I finally got them to have a formal meeting with me to discuss tutoring options they instead used the time to gang up on me and proclaim that I needed to provided them with more than just a doctors note (which they had) in order to help me. I enrolled him in an online school and handed in all paperwork that day. They hotlined me a week later


A:  David's Answer:  One cannot merely decide to "home school" a child without submitting a lesson plan to NYS Dept of Education & being approved for same. If you pulled your child out of school without being pre-approved for home schooling, then the school was correct to call in the report. You should immediately put the child back in school & then work with school officials and/or Dept of Education on a plan to home school (if that's still your intention). Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area for more info.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment