Saturday, May 17, 2014

Regarding claiming parental right and surrendering American nationality

Q:  I m sheraz from Pakistan my wife filed for separation and then left for us before we got separated by stating her self as single.There she gave birth to my baby daughter but she did not entered my name with her to deny my parental rights what should I do for parental claim and secondly as a father of minor daughter how can I surrender her us nationality in Pakistan. Also tell if I want to bar my wife who is still Pakistani nation from taking my us citizen daughter what should I do.

A:  David's Answer:  If you say your wife "filed for separation," where did she do so, in Pakistan or in the U.S.? Is your wife already in the U.S. with your daughter? If not - and your daughter is still in Pakistan - then you'll need to consult with a Family Law attorney in Pakistan to know your rights regarding a custody & relocation hearing.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment