Saturday, May 17, 2014

I turned 17 in February of this year, and I can't stand being at home anymore. So is there any chance that A judge would let me?

Q:  I take care of my mother's animals, and my little siblings(I do their homework with them and I get them ready for school in the morning including myself)My mother got surgery for her colen on february 12th and she got stitches and she wasn't allowed to lift more than twenty pounds, but yet she could go bowling every other wednesday and she couldn't take care of them,but when i did i got yelled at that i wasn't doing it right. Than one night I had to grow up and convince my mother to stay and take care of my little sister and brother because even though i wanted to i could not support them if she left.

A:  David's Answer:   Unfortunately, as you are still a minor, you cannot determine for yourself where you will live. If you leave home without your parent's consent, she could file a Person in Need of Supervision ("PINS") petition against you. Speak to a Family Law attorney in your area for more info.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment