Saturday, May 10, 2014

Religious marriage outside the US

Q:  I got married out of the USA, the marriage was religious. What should I do in order to make that marriage effective in the USA, I live in NY state. How can I obtain a marriage certificate?

A:  David's Answer:  Yes, the marriage should be effective so long as you complied with all legal requirements in that country. You would need to contact a Family Law attorney in that country to best inquire as to where to pick up the certificate.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment