Saturday, May 24, 2014

What must I do to seek an order of protection via the family court?

Q:  Recently divorced via Supreme Court westchester county. In the midst of the divorce action, my ex-spouse created a fraudulent profile for me basically identy theft. After investigating which included subpoenas from both and cable vision, I can prove it came from her IP address linked to her email account. I was advised by my divorce attorney to wait until the final divorce judgment. I may elect to file a criminal complaint.

A:  David's Answer:  You'll need to file a petition for same in Family Court. Your argument would be that this was harassment. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for more info.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment