Saturday, May 10, 2014

Can my husband, a Level 3 Sex Offender, live with myself and my daughter legally in New York State?

Q:  My husband, who is a registered Level 3 Sex Offender in NYS, is due to come home from prison next year on a Class E felony of failing to notify the registry of an address change. To make a long story short, is he allowed to parole home to me (his wife) and my daughter once he is released? Unfortunately society has stamped him with this "violent sex offender" label on an incident that occurred more then 10 years ago. I'm not asking to be judged here or for side commentary, my daughter views him as her own father as he has been in her life for 2 years. I just want to know if my family can be together when he comes home. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I know what to expect when he is due to parole home.

A:  David's Answer:  What are the terms of his parole? Also, how old is your daughter? The younger she is, the more likely it may result in a CPS case. You're best advised to schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment