Saturday, May 17, 2014

Acs wants me to see their mental health dr for assessment Should I?

Q:  Ex called ACS to report every false allegation possible [except sexual] on my 3mth old baby. he called so he doesn't have to pay child support he wants sole custody. ACS advised me to file custody and OTP (threats and hacking into my accts)i did. I Got served papers for emergency temp custody. Filled with pictures from 2009 before i knew him and a bunch of saved text from 3yrs dating and fighting terrible things. I Just took their drug test. I cant afford an atty like him. IDK what to do or expect

A:  David's Answer:  First, if you cannot afford counsel, ask the Court to assign you counsel (the Judge will determine your financial eligibility). Second, are you sure it's ACS - as opposed to the Court - who is requesting a forensic psychological examination? Generally ACS does not do so unless a neglect petition is pending against you - or they are strongly considering filing one. At the very least, schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area before deciding whether to comply or not.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment