Saturday, May 10, 2014

If I only have copy of stip can I ever address court and ask for it to be enforced if it has not been approved by supreme court

Q:  only have copy of stip. can it be enforced even if it was not included in divorce

A:  David's Answer:  A stipulation that has not been "so-ordered" or incorporated into a judgment cannot be enforced within the matrimonial action. Depending on whether it's a properly-drawn stipulation of settlement or separation agreement, it's arguable its nevertheless enforceable as a stand-alone contract. That said, I'd need more facts as to why - if it was a stip of settlement - it was not incorporated into the judgment. Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment