Sunday, August 3, 2014

My ex wife as sent me a Motion to deny decrease in Child Support.

Q: She stated that she is not able to be employed due to sickness but she also owns a business that is not profitable and saying that for these reason my motion should be denied because she has no income.
I unfortunately am low income also should i respond to the motion to deny or leave it for the motion date

Additional information

Its a motion. I don't have an attorney and cant afford one. I am at a lose of what my options are.. She has an Attorney. I am currently paying 65% in child support and can not continue with this amount. Can you advise what my options maybe. Thanks you for taking the time to respond I appreciate it.
A: David's Answer: Yes, you should answer the motion. It seems to me a relatively low probability win on her part, since her financial circumstances (for the most part) do not affect your ability to get a downward modification. That said, if you don't file a written response, the motion may be granted on default. For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a Rockland/Westchester Family Law attorney. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment