Saturday, August 2, 2014

Can my live in boyfriend in NY be paid for watching my child and can I be reimbursed from my ex husband? He pays 35%

Q: My divorce papers say he is responsible for 35% and he has recently stopped taking care of our son and taking advantage of the situation.

A: David's Answer:  It's probably within the discretion of the Magistrate to do so, but depends in part on whether there's another, cheaper alternative out there. Usually in cases (& in my experience) where a Magistrate orders paid child care regarding a relative caring for the child, it's where the relative has to travel to the house to babysit. You're best advised to schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment