Sunday, August 3, 2014

My daughter turned 21 years old 2 weeks ago . I recived 2000 dollars in doctor bills by support collection last week...

Q: My daughter turned 21 years old 2 weeks ago . I received 2000 dollar in doctor bills by support collection last week.

I'm just not sure if its worth my time to even fight . The other part of my case is my daughter moved out of her mother's house in march 2014 and got married in April. I kept paying the child support till July when she turned 21 years old I would just like the over payment to go for the rears owed and those are only from the doctor bill not unpaid payments.

Additional information

The 2000 dollar in bills just showed up they have accumulated for the past seven years dating back to 2008 and this is the first bill I received my daughter moved out of her moms in march and got married in April during this time i paid child support until July when she turned 21


A: David's Answer: If the medical bills accrued before she turned 21, then you owe them. And unless you had no knowledge of her getting married - i.e., it was actively concealed from you - then you also wouldn't appear to have a basis to vacate the arrears, even against the add-ons. For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment