To proceed in Family Court, the person must generally be a relative, spouse or ex-spouse, or was relatively recently in an "intimate relationship" with your friend. If the stalking and/or harassment occurred in NY, then NY would have jurisdiction over her. In which case your friend can file for an order of protection in Family Court. Otherwise your friend would need to contact the police. Have your friend call a Family Law attorney in his/her area to schedule a consult.