Sunday, August 3, 2014

Can you with draw a family court portion?

Q: I filed a portion against my kids father cause he hit me they gave me a restrain order for me and the kids we are suppose to go back to court. But me and my kids father have decided to get counseling and work things out how can I drop the petition and restraining order against him?

A: David's Answer: You're best advised to go to court on the next date & withdraw the petition. I've seen Judges on occasion adjourn a case on a family offense petition if the petitioner merely fails to show up. Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area for more info. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment