Friday, August 8, 2014

How do I change my daughter's hyphenated last name to just the second part of the name?

Q: My daughter's name on her birth certificate is my (her mom) last name then hyphen and then her father's last name. Her father and I just got married and I am changing my name to his last name and she would like her name to be the same. We just want to drop the first part of the hyphenated name.

A: David's Answer: If you & the father agree, you can just go to the Clerk's Office where her birth certificate is filed & do an amended birth certificate. For more info, schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment