Monday, August 11, 2014

Can cps give my confidential address out?

Q: I currently have a confidential address through NY state because of domestic violence. My ex is currently in prison, I have a 7 year no contact restraining order in place once he is released, and I have sole custody. However, CPS contacted my ex and his family based on an educational neglect charge. In the process they gave them personal information including my address. Can they legally do this?

A: David's Answer: If they were on notice of your order of protection and the fact that you wanted your address confidential, then they should not have done this. At the least, you should file a complaint against the caseworker who did this. You may also have the basis for a lawsuit, though should consult a lawyer before proceeding further. Call a Family Law attorney in your area for more info. - David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment