Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Is it possible to get married without a birth certificate?

Q:  Hello My fiance is currently in prison in dannemora ny the town clerk of this town require a birth certificate for the marriage for myself I'm french I get mine but for him he'from panama and there's no way to get it because he has to go to panama to get it. Can we have a special autorisation from the town clerk to get married without his birth certificate

A:  David's Answer:  You would need to ask the Town Clerk. Alternatively, post this question to that geographical area and/or schedule a consult with a lawyer in that area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment