Saturday, February 8, 2014

I got married in Feb 2013 in NYC. Foolishly I never applied for a marriage license and the affidavit expired after 60 days.

Q:  Now I have to provide a marriage license with the date I got married (Feb 2013). How can I backdate the license?

A:  David's Answer:  You may still apply for a license pursuant to DRL Sec. 25. That said, whoever married you without a license may be guilty of a misdemeanor. Speak to a Family Law attorney in your area for more info.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment