Friday, February 21, 2014

Children's Rights Society Lawyer won't return calls

Q:  My daughter's father is taking me to court for violation of visitation order. My daughter is almost 15 and just refuses to see him. The family court judge appointed an attorney from the Children's Rights Society to represent my daughter. I have left 3 messages for this attorney over the past 2 months and he does not return my call. It is my understanding that my daughter is supposed to meet with him prior to our next court date which is in early March. I am not quite sure what to do at this point. Any advice is greatly appreciated

A:  David's Answer:  I'd suggest to ask to speak with a receptionist & confirm that lawyer is still assigned to the case. Explain the difficulties in trying to reach him - perhaps ask to speak with a supervisor. Another option would be to write him a letter. Schedule a consult with an Orange/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment