Saturday, February 8, 2014

My ex has not seen our daughter in over 2 years and has no custody. How do I get his rights revoked?

Q:  She is 3 and has not seen him since she was 4 months old. He has never even bothered to show up to any of the custody hearings. She would not even know who he is and he has 4 other children he has either given up for adoption or refused to see them. I want to do this so I never have to worry about him just showing up and taking her.

A:  David's Answer:  I agree the Court may possibly terminate visitation, but cannot ultimately terminate his parental rights unless within the context of an adoption proceeding. Speak further with a Child Custody lawyer in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment