Sunday, January 26, 2014

X fiance ran away with 25 year old and all of my money, can I sue?

Q:  I was engaged to a man for 5 years we lived together for 7 he was my boss, he held a high position in a large company. we were getting married so I spent all of my money about 150k and all that i earned on his house we were living in, i was to be put on the mortgage. caught him with escort service charges and a relationship with a woman 25 years younger. I moved out, my job was eliminated. ( upper management did not know about relationship), he said he will make it right and return my $ when he sells house. no such luck has been 2 years. have $ into a local attorney has suggested mediation. is now living part time in CAD, bc chick is not legal in US and he has duel citizenship. Owes x-wife 300k last I knew. She has not pushed to issue getting interest. Has a lot of equity in real estate

A:  David's Answer:  There are civil claims you may have, such as a constructive trust and/or promissory estoppel. Speak to a Family Law lawyer or civil litigation lawyer in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment