Sunday, January 26, 2014

Can my husband sell or tell people that my house is for sale? He moved out in October. Everything is in both names.

Q:  We own a 2 family & my daughter & her family rent the 2 fl. He told them that unless I allow him to come back within a wk he was selling the house. & that they are to start paying him the rent money or else they can move. Can he do that? He has also been driving by the house anywhere between 15/20 times a day. My neighbors are starting to feel uneasy as are my kids when I'm home alone. I am on disability and I can't afford to get a lawyer. I don't know what to do.

A:  David's Answer:  He cannot sell the marital residence without getting approval of the divorce court. If you believe he's stalking out, consider filing a police report and/or filing for an order of protection. Consult a Family Law attorney in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment