Saturday, January 4, 2014

My ex- wife filed a motion to modify my visitation in new york state family court. can i respond with a letter or is there aform

Q:  her attorney filed a petition to modify an existing order. this was filed with an order to show cause. can i respond with a letter in opposition or is there a special form to use for NYS family courts?

A:  David's Answer:  If you were summoned to appear in court, then you either need to personally appear or file a request to appear by phone (the form for the latter is on the court's website). You should also file an Answer to the Visitation Petition - but there's no official form for same. At the least, you should schedule a consultation with a Rockland/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment