Saturday, January 18, 2014

In New York State can you move out at 17?

Q:  I would like to move in with my boyfriend and his family. I'm 17. I'm in high school in 12th grade and i would have transportation to and from school. His parents are willing to provide for me until i graduate. I live in New York State.

A:  David's Answer:  The short answer is no, because you are still a minor. Your parents could still file a "Person in Need of Supervision" petition up to the age of 18. Speak further with a Family Law lawyer in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment