Saturday, January 4, 2014

Can paramour boyfriend with domestic violence record move in to home with young children prior to divorce?

Q:  he pled guilty to charges contempt 1 domestic violence from previous wife he is on parole has many civil judgments disputes over the years landlord tenant non payment my wife im divorcing started seeing him about 7 months ago .
she moved him in home with my young daughters 4 ages 8-13 this is wrong I pay all 100percent bills, cars, mortgage. utilities ,upkeep and much temp maintenance and all insurance .Will a judge allow this in NY trial keeps getting postponed and no settlement cause I pay all
and how will it affect custody also the man has sent me threatening letters will judge allow

A:  David's Answer:  This is certainly a factor the Judge will consider on the custody issue. You need to get certified copies of the criminal history. You should also keep a paper-trail with the mother & express your concern and ask that she re-consider allowing him that much access to your children. Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment