Saturday, January 11, 2014

Why is child protective services beating around the bush?

Q:  Cps has an"indicated" report of child neglect in regards to my two boys because my ex's boyfriend was dealing coke ot of her house. I have tsmp custody of them until trial in the spring. The boys lovs living with me and don't want to be wirh their mother. Why is cps sooooo reluctant to implicate or blame my ex??? Everytime I ask direct questions they dance around my ex having ANYTHING to do with it even though my kids say that she was in the house while it was going on? Is it the goal of cps to act only after my kids get hurt or possibly die???? If the report was indicated then how does she get away scott free?? Even if she didn't know....she was responsible for their well being and she knew he was bad news.


A:  David's Answer:  Ultimately it is within their sole discretion whether to bring a child neglect case against the mother. They may feel she was somewhat at fault, but there was not enough fault - based on whatever facts they uncovered in their investigation - to warrant neglect charges. Speak further with an Orange/Westchester Family Law attorney. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment