Sunday, January 26, 2014

Boys father never sees them i have sole legal physical custody of my boys. my finacee wants to adopt them

Q:  My boys father has never really been in there life has never seen them in the last almost 5 years. i have sole legal physical legal custody of my boys. Can i get his rights signed off and my fiancee adopt them. if so how much an how do you do it?

A:  David's Answer:  You would seem to have good grounds for an adoption. Either the biological father can sign a surrender, or you can have his rights terminated by the court on the basis of abandonment. Speak to a Family Law attorney in your area.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment