Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Do I have a civil sue ?

Q:  My kids father had me arrested with false accusation to gain custody of the kids. This caused me to lose my kids ( which caused emotional stress ) , I lost my job ( lost of wages) this messed up my reputation with other jobs ( once they conduct a background check I get denied of the job ) also my kids father verbally abuses , harasses & threatens me. What can I do ?

A:  David's Answer:  First, you'd need to defeat the criminal charges. You would need to prove that the father perjured himself. Second, if successful, you can sue for abuse of process and/or malicious prosecution. You can also use the vindication in criminal court as a basis to modify the switch of custody. Speak to a Family Law attorney in your area. -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment