Monday, October 29, 2012

It is written in my husbands divorce papers that his ex will get 1/2 his pension for the time they were married. Is this a qdro?

Q: She is remarried. There are no special papers for this. It is written in the divorce papers. This qdro sounds like it's something that has to be written up in seperate papers. 

David Bliven’s answer: A "QDRO" (or Qualified Domestic Relations Order) is indeed a separate document & is similar to a garnishment on the pension.

No comments:

Post a Comment