Monday, October 22, 2012

Is child support really based on 17% of your salary?

Q: I moved to Florida about a year ago and not making the same amount , I have filed a modification of child support but was ignored, I've submitted financial document ion and still was not lowered, now I'm forced to pay an amount that I don't even make in a month.can you help.

David Bliven’s answer: If you either voluntarily quit your last job or were fired due to misconduct, then the Court will generally not lower your support even if your income is now reduced. And it is your burden to prove (through documentary evidence) that you were not fired or did not quit. If you can show this, then you would need to review what proof you submitted along with the Court decision with a Bronx Family Law attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment