Wednesday, October 17, 2012

How do I speed up an uncontested divorce in Bronx, NY.:

Q: Have transcrpts since Feb 2012. Want to remarry, is there a form to speed up the process so I can proceed with my life. My x got everything plus my son, I have not seen him for 3 yrs. Every time I call the court they say 3 months. I really would like to have peace. Can you help me I have no $ but I have a heart. I plan to remarry by Dec 15, 2012. Thank you 

David Bliven’s answer: Unfortunately, the only effective way to speed up the process is to file an order to show cause (usually done via an attorney) attaching the wedding invite (among other supporting documentation). Usually such a motion is filed by an attorney however. Short of that you can always try going into the Matrimonial Clerk's Office personally with a copy of the wedding invite & beg for mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment