Monday, October 22, 2012

My daughter is 18 & is living at college. Is there a way that my child support payment can go directly to my daughter?

Q: I'm paying about 1,200 a month on child support, and my daughters mother only sends her a $100 a month, so basically support money is being spent by the mother, and not on daughters needs. 

David Bliven’s answer: You may petition for not only a credit of the child support going to Room & Board, but may also petition the court to lower the amount of basic support while the child is away at school, under the theory that the Mother's expenses to maintain the household are presumably less than if the child was there. To make that argument successfully, I'd highly sugegst to at least consult with - if not hire - a Bronx Family Law attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment