Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Looking for a pro bono lawyer for my family court case. Can someone please help?

Q:  I have court on October 4, 2013. It was for modification. But now it is for modification and violation. The mother of my child keeps lying in court and the judge does not listen to my side of the story. Can someone please help me as I can't not afford lawyer and don't want to wait for the last minute for the courts to appoint one for me because I have been screw that way also.

A:  David's Answer:  There are extremely few lawyers who accept pro bono cases - most of them work for law school clinics or similar non-profit organizations. You can either ask the court to assign you a free lawyer, or shop around & see if you can retain an attorney on a sliding scale.  --  David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment