Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I requested a court appointed attorney for my upcoming visitation and custody modification hearing.

Q:  I was appointed an attorney a few years ago when I initially filed. Now that a couple of years of have passed, the judge requested I fill out a financial affidavit. (my income has only change a few thousand) Do i need to provide my ex and the child attorney a copy of my financial affidavit or can I send them only a copy of the letter to judge without my financial affidavit? Thank you in advance.

A:  David's Answer:  Unless you have something to hide, you should provide all correspondence (& attachments) submitted to the Judge to the other side.  -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment