Monday, March 18, 2013

After my cps case is closed, do I need to continue my group alcohol abuse class (mostly for DWi cases)?

Q:  My fiance is bipolar and got angry with me for drinking when she was manic and reported it to the police. After the court case was dropped, I went to cps for an evaluation where I tested positive for alcohol. Then they referred me to an outpatient group once a week for 6 weeks (dwi class). After a few weeks of proof that I was attending, they closed my case. I have gone 5 weeks but one class was canceled due to snow and now I have to go abroad for a business trip. Do I still need to finish that one class even though the case is closed?


A:  David's Answer:  If you have a written letter from CPS closing the case, then apparently they aren't monitoring you anymore. There's then 2 questions: (1) why not finish the program, and (2) if you don't finish the program & for whatever reason the CPS case gets re-opened, don't you think not finishing the prior class will be an issue?   -- David Bliven, Westchester Child Welfare defense attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment