Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Moved from buffalo to texas owes 79,000 in arrears can i still serve himin texas

Q:  unable locate at last address willful violation of court order no show no recent address now found in Texas I have summons to serve him can i still serve in Texas arrested before for non support jumps from county to county evading courts and taxes collected unemployment once thought he was in state of New York but now found in Texas how can i serve him

A:  David's Answer:  Yes, if you still live in NY & your violation case is pending in NY, but he moved to TX, you can still serve him in TX. The reason is that personal jurisdiction on him was established via the original case, so for modification or enforcement proceedings you need only have him served with the summons (without the need to re-establish personal jurisdiction). Schedule a consult with a Family Law attorney in your area for more info.   -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment