Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I need some information about family law/custody/adoption, i dont know what the rules are in the USA

Q:  I need to know for 2 girls that recently lost their dad, mom died 8 years ago. They're living with a friend of dad now but they wanna stay with me. The problem is that that friend doesnt allow them to have any contact with me, nore with their friends. (He hired bodyguards for them). Another problem is that i'm living in the Netherlands but wanna do everything for those girls.
Have to fill in a city and State but dont recognise my city so i fill in albany, new York

A:  David's Answer:  First you need to file for guardianship of them. You can only really file for adoption once the children are actually living with you. You'll need to file the guardianship petition with the Family Court in the county where the children currently reside. Call a Family Law in the Albany area to schedule a consultation.    -- David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (

No comments:

Post a Comment